B.Sc IT stands for Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. It is an undergraduate degree programme for students, who have successfully completed their 10+2, from a recognized board of education (CBSE/ICSE/STATE BOARD). The course is designed for IT enthusiasts, who have a talent for technological innovation and excellence.
What is the Distance B.Sc IT?
The Distance B.Sc IT Programme is developed for students, who want to continue studies from their homes or do not wish to attend regular classes. The course remains the same, however there is change in the mode of learning. The students are provided with study material, relevant books, papers and notes that will help them get through the degree.
|50% Marks in 10+2 ICSE/CBSE/State Board
|No upper limit
|10+2 pass certificate
|12,500/- ₹ per semester
Eligibility Criteria for Distance B.Sc. IT
The students with a pass certificate with a minimum 55%marks in 12th standard in any stream are eligible to apply for a distance B.sc IT course. The Mark’s criteria is different for different universities which can be checked on the official website of the institution.
There is no age limit to apply for the course. People can begin or restart their educational journey at any point in their life. They only have to fulfill the eligibility requirements and they are free to apply in any institution that offers distance education courses in information technology.
Duration of B.Sc IT through Distance Mode
The duration of the course is 3 years. It can be extended uptown 6 years depending upon the university or institute. The course is divided into six semesters, where each semester is dedicated to a particular concept or school of study. Thus, students of B.Sc IT learn in great detail and have a deep understanding of the concepts.
How Much would the Distance Education Programme Cost?
The distance education courses are extremely cost effective. They are easy on the pocket and would cost ₹ 12,500 per semester. It is affordable as compared to a regular degree. The miscellaneous charges of a regular course can also be avoided. The students are not required to travel or move to different cities to pursue the course.
Multitasking with B.Sc IT Distance Education Programmes
The distance education programmes allow you to work and study. There is a lot of time left to do other productive activities. Hence, B.Sc IT students can work in technological firms while studying. They can gain experience and put to practice, what they learn in their degree programme.
Job Scope for B.Sc. IT
Information technology offers many job opportunities . The salary offered per annum is handsome and promotions and salary hikes depend upon individual talent and skills. The various job roles an IT professional can seek are as follows:
- Application Programmer: An application programmer is a professional trained in computer programming languages. They use their skills to create new software applications and programs. They are often referred to as developers or system analysts.
- Computer information Specialist: They are people who specialize in repairing computers systems and provide technological services to people. They set up and repair systems at the time of troubleshooting. CI specialists are hired extensively by computer industries to offer support to their clients.
- Graphic Designer: A graphic designer assembled and creates art work or images that are required for websites. They specialize in typography and motion graphics. The visuals created by a designer are used for communication purposes and captivate the customers attention.
- Information Technologist: An information technologist maintains the technological working of organizations. They install hardware and facilitates networking systems for smooth functioning.
- Hardware and Network Expert: These IT personnel are trained to assist with troubleshooting, configuring and monitoring basic computer hardware and networks.
- Database administrator: They store and organize data. Their job includes performance monitoring, backup, data recovery installation and troubleshooting.
Salary Expectations after B.Sc. IT
The holders of above mentioned roles earn a salary of rupees 2.5-4 lakh per annum. The starting packages are good for young inexperienced professionals. They gain practical knowledge while earning a good amount of money.
The Recruiters of IT Professionals
The institutions that offer Distance education programmes are in link with good companies across India. They offer placement opportunities to graduates. Some of the famous recruiters of IT professionals are mentioned below:
B.Sc. IT Distance Education programmes can open many opportunities for technology enthusiasts. The scope is wide and skilled students get jobs instantly after completing their distance degree. It is a good and secure option and ensures placement after the course.